Our February 2016 Ride Of The Month winner Jeff Millikan has plenty of experience and awards from his years rebuilding classic vehicles. Congratulations on one more accolade, Jeff!
Jeff originally submitted some photos to us toward the end of last year. At the time, he was planning on driving his truck to SEMA as part of the Drive'm Dirty Tour. Hope the travel did not do any harm to this beautiful paint job - PPG Vibrance system (2015 Honda blue) with Diztler Hot Rod black top.
"Poke Under the Hood"
Here at ROTM, we like to "poke under the hood" so we asked Jeff if he could share a little of the back-story on some of the work he did along the way in this awesome re-imagining of a 1955 Chevy 3100 truck.
Jeff told our Eric Waters: "Many mods were completed on this truck. Many are adapted Nascar parts."
Below are some of the modifications / restorations that Jeff has made on his truck:
- Master Power Brakes remote master cylinder system with billet reservoirs
- Filled tail gate with LED Third Brake light. Supported with Nascar Hood props in place of the conventional chains
- Custom one of a kind billet tail light with LED lighting
- A real George Dickel Whiskey barrel housing the complete Air Ride controls along with the main battery
- Full C4 Corvette suspension with - Master Power Brake Pads - with Air Ride bag system. Modified rear for better handling
- Rear Fenders a widened 3" to allow 20" x 10" Boss Wheels. Fronts are 18s. Center hubs were custom fit using Nascar Wheel hubs
- Suspension utilizes Nascar front & rear sway bars
- Engine is a LT1 with updated computer programing. Transmission is a 4L60E. Engine compartment is fully details with many one of a kind items
- Interior has been simplified using real suede and faux leather. Tilt column and a real 59 Chevy Impala steering wheel. Sound system utilized satellite radio (Pandora, etc.), GPS speedo, Seat is from a 1998 Chevy Work truck
- All lighting utilized LEDs
- Exhaust system uses FlowMaster Mufflers with Nascar Headers and tubing
- Hood is from a 1955 GMC truck
A veteran of numerous rebuilds, Jeff has already charted out his next project - "This time I'm tackling a 61-63 Fird Thunderbird with coyote motor, 6 speed, and electronic brake system. Planning on giving it four wheel disc brakes."\
See you soon!
The MPB crew loves hearing about and seeing our customers and their rides. There is a passion and a story behind every one of them. Hey, builder/cruiser - you might be our next Ride Of The Month honoree! Click here to share your pictures and stories with Master Power Brakes. Enter Ride Of The Month and you may see your own story here on our blog in the coming months.